New and Renewable energy
home What we do Major Business
- New and Renewable Energy
- New and renewable energy is the most efficient, economically available energy when connected with the district heating system. The waste incineration heat and methane gas emitted from landfill are recovered and used for the production of district heating heat, and wood-based biomass, SRF, sewage heat, biogas, geothermal, and photovoltaic are also useful energy resources in conjunction with the cogeneration and district heating network.
A total of 5.8MW photovoltaic facilities are in operation, including Daegu, Shinan, Bundang, Pangyo, Suwon, and Yangsan, and 2.4MWh of electricity is produced annually (as of 2020).
Photovoltaic power generation facility in Sinan, Jeollanam-do Province
Photovoltaic power generation facility for heat source in the southeast region
- Wind power in Shinan, Jeollanam-do Province (63MW)
- A large-scale wind power generation project was implemented in Jaeun-do, Sinan-gun, Jeollanam-do Province, and commercial operation began in June 2020 (joint project)
- Wind power project in Yangsan (10MW)
- Promotion of wind power generation project to expand renewable energy in Eden Valley, Yangsan, started commercial operation in May 2014 (a joint project)
Wind power plant in Sinan, Jeollanam-do Province
Incineration heat and incineration vapor
Using incineration heat, 1,671,000 Gcal (as of 2020) of heat has been generated annually, and 79,000 MWh of electricity has been produced by the incineration steam (as of 2020).
Gangnam Resource Recovery Facility and Gangnam Branch
Mapo Resource Recovery Facility and Central Branch
Expansion of new and renewable energy business
- Performing a new and renewable energy project with facility size of 22MW + 45Gcal/h using solid fuel (SRF) in Gwangju Jeonnam Innovation City
- This is a power plant that segregates combustible wastes from household waste and turns them into fuel to produce SRF, which is used to generate energy. By supplying more than 20,000 households, public institutions, and business buildings in the Joint Innovation City of Gwangju and Jeollanam-do Province, district heating and electricity can be provided, replacing the annual energy import cost of about 13 billion won and saving about 120,000 tons of greenhouse gas.
SRF Power Generation Facility in Gwangju, Jeollanam-do Province
Utilization of landfill gas, bio-gas and sewage heat
- Production of 158,000 Gcal (as of 2020) of heat per year using landfill gas (LFG) and biogas
- Landfill gases (LFG) generated from waste landfills in Nanjido-Seoul, Daegu, are collected and used as heat source for district heating, contributing to the consumption of waste resource as energy and improving the atmospheric environment.
- A cogeneration project is carried out to generate heat and electricity by utilizing the biogas generated by the Mapo Nanji Water Regeneration Center.
- Heat energy generated from groundwater and sewage treatment water whose temperature is lower than the air temperature in summer and higher in winter is recovered with heat pump and used as heat source for district heating.
Landfill Gas Station
in Bangcheon-ri, Daegu
Nanji Water Renewable
Sewage Energy Facility
- House, office
- Waste generation
- Landfill gas generation
- Landfill Gas Collection Facility
- Landfill Gas Transport Piping
- Landfill Gas Refining Facility
- Cogeneration Plant, Heat-only boiler : House, office
The Daegu branch expanded the production of new and renewable energy to 90,000 Gcal and 17,000MWh (as of 2020) by using (processed and crushed) pine wilt disease-afflicted wood discarded from the forest.
Daegu Woodchip Cogeneration Facility
Hydrogen Energy and Fuel Cell
- Fuel cell is a highly efficient, eco-friendly power generation system that produces electricity and heat energy through the electrochemical reaction of hydrogen and oxygen.
- The Dongtan branch operates its own fuel cell facility (11.44MW + 8.8Gcal/h) and SPC-type Noeul fuel cell facility (20MW + 10Gcal/h).
Dongtan Fuel Cell Facility